Study online or at our Brisbane campus
- Course: Diploma of Sports: Coaching
- Code: SIS50319
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Study methods: online, on campus, or a combination
- Payment methods: Pay up-front (discounts apply) or flexible payment plan
Our Flexible Study Formats
We offer personalised study formats with:
- Interactive online resources
- Practical business-related assessments
- Ongoing, personalised support in completing your assignments and achieving your goals
Your preferred study mode (online, on campus, or a combination) may influence the duration of the course.
True Professionals Never Stop Learning
The Diploma of Sport provides the skills and knowledge for an individual intending to pursue a career in sport (Coaching and Sport Development As this training program is based on a nationally endorsed training package, any learner who successfully completes the program is awarded the qualification “Diploma of Sport” which is recognised anywhere in Australia.
Occupational outcomes for this qualification can vary from sports coaching, managing competitions, sports venues and facilities, and identifying and developing athletes.
Goals & Requirements
This program prepares participants for employment in the sports and fitness industry as a:
- Sports coach
- High performance coach
- Sport development manager
- Talent manager.
- Program developer
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Select and use relevant technologies to assess athletic performance
- Plan and implement coaching programs for athletes
- Coach athletes in competition
- Support and develop athletes and teams
- Manage integrity in sport
- Apply sports psychology principles
- Apply anti-doping policies
- Lead and manage people
- Interact and liaise with relevant stakeholders within sport
Diploma qualifications can also lead into university pathways e.g. Bachelor of Sport Development and Bachelor of Business.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
Your industry experience and learning credentials are valuable. Depending on your previous training and job experience, you may be eligible for exemption from certain units in the diploma course. For more information, please contact the career advisors at Fit Education.
1: INTEGRITY AND ETHICS IN SPORT
- SISSSCO011 Manage integrity in sport
- SISSSCO008 Apply anti-doping policies
- SISXIND008 Manage legal compliance in sport and recreation
2: SPORT COACHING – STRENGTH AND CONDITIONING
- SISSSCO004 Plan, conduct and review coaching programs
- SISSSCO003 Meet participant coaching needs
- SISSSCO007 Apply sport psychology principles
- SISSSCO016 Coach participants in sport competition
3: SPORT DEVELOPMENT
- SISXFIN001 Develop and review budgets for activities or projects
- SISXMGT001 Develop and maintain stakeholder relationships
- BSBRSK501 Manage risk
4: SPORT LEADERSHIP
- SITXHRM003 Lead and manage people
- BSBADM502 Manage meetings
- HLTWHS003 Maintain work health and safety
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
- Students may need to source a First Aid Certificate from a local provider.
All our courses are nationally recognised and Austudy approved. Once you get certified, you can register with Fitness Australia and work anywhere in Australia. Want to work abroad? So far, our courses have helped people find work in England, Scotland, Portugal, and New Zealand.
More questions? Get in touch.