Diploma of Sports Development - VET Approved
DIPLOMA OF SPORT DEVELOPMENT
At the top-tier of sport, significant demands are placed upon the human body. Professional athletes are pushed to achieve feats of agility, speed, strength and endurance, week in and week out, watched and critiqued by millions of onlookers. This is where the Diploma of Sport and Diploma of Sport Development comes in.
When these elite athletes need to optimize and coordinate all of the aspects of their physical fitness, they turn to proven performance specialists.
In this comprehensive course, the Fit Education team have brought together years of industry insights from working at the pinnacle of sports performance, including English Premier League club Fulham FC, the Brisbane Broncos and the Wallabies. These insights have informed a series of data-based modules that touch upon every facet of elite athletic development in the 21st century.
A key feature of the course is our ability to connect our students to many of Australia’s top sports performance experts. Together these professionals offer a unique mix of cutting-edge training techniques and exciting networking opportunities that can help you access and secure the most highly coveted positions in the field.
Whether you’re looking to enter the world of professional sports, or you’re simply looking to expand upon your existing business model, this program will be a vital asset in your career moving forward.
Who is this course for?
The Diploma of Sport is designed for fitness professionals who are looking to take the next step in their career. From health and fitness specific marketing techniques, to advanced strength and conditioning courses based on the very latest in scientific research, our Diploma of Sport Development gives you the tools you need to become a true leader in the field of athletic performance.
What you’ll get out of this course
- Support athletes with sport psychology
- Assist athletes to prevent and manage injury
- Apply evidence-based practice to exercise programs
- Provide nutrition information to athletes
- Select and use technology for sport, fitness and recreation work
- Apply anatomy and physiology to advanced personal training
- Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- A focus on drugs in sport
Career pathways with Fit Education
Are you looking to pursue a career in Allied Health and Professional Services? If you aspire to become a Dietitian, Exercise Physiologist, Performance Coach, to name a few professions, The Diploma of Sport Development is the perfect course designed to create a pathway towards further study at the Degree level in Business and Sport Development
With our Articulation arrangement with Griffith University, Diploma of Sport Development graduates receive credit towards the 240CP degrees below:
- 50CP credit transfer for the Bachelor of Business
- 40CP credit transfer for the Bachelor of Sport Development
Full details of these arrangements are listed in the University’s Credit Precedent and Articulation Database located a www.griffith.edu.au/credit
‘Griffith University look forward to hosting Fit Education Graduates who may wish to extend their studies in a degree program at Griffith University.’
Mary Hassard, Academic Credit Transfer
Course: Diploma of Sport Development
Outcome: Nationally Recognised Training
Career: Sports Trainer, High Performance Coach, Sport Development Manager
Study methods: Online, on campus, or a combination
Payment methods: Pay up-front (discounts apply or flexible payment plan)
Fill in the form below to register your interest with a Cert III and IV in Fitness with Fit Education
Lern now, with flexible payment options including Vet fee help
With the ABS now predicting a 34%* increase in demand for personal trainers by 2020, the government is putting its full faith behind vocational training programs for health and fitness professionals. As a leader and pioneer in this field, Fit Education is one of the few dedicated fitness education registered training organisations to achieve accreditation for the government’s Vocational Educational Training Student Loan (VSL) program. This government loan scheme allows our students to gain all of the benefits of our diploma program with financial assistance so they can stop dreaming and take action immediately. At Fit Education, we’re dedicated to making a career in sports performance a reality for professional trainers nationally.
DIPLOMA OF SPORT – COURSE OUTLINE
Certificate III in Fitness Course Modules
Click on the items below to learn more.
- SISSSCO306 Provide drugs in sport information
- SISSSCO307 Provide nutrition information to athletes
- SISSSCO308 Support athletes to adopt principles of sports psychology
- SISXIND404A Promote compliance with laws and legal principles
- SISSSCO512 Assist athletes to prevent and manage injury and illness
- SISSSCO513 Plan and implement high performance training and recovery programs
- SISXICT001 Select and use technology for sport, fitness, and recreation work
- ICAICT308A Use advanced features of computer applications
- BSBADM502B Manage meetings
- SISXCAI306A Facilitate groups
- SISXIND406A Manage projects
- SISFFIT028 Apply evidence-based practice to exercise programs
- SISFFIT024 Instruct endurance programs
- SISFFIT029 Apply anatomy and physiology to advanced personal training
- SISXRSK502A Manage organisational risks
- SISXWHS402 Implement and monitor work health and safety policies
- BSBMKG501B Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBMKG502B Establish and adjust the marketing mix
- BSBMKG514B Implement and monitor marketing activities
- SISXCCS403A Determine needs of client populations
Get started today
Call us on 1300 348 338
or contact us
Training and assesment
Visit https://fiteducation.edu.au/faqs/ for answers to our most frequently asked questions.
Our Flexible Study Formats
- Full-time face-to-face learning at our Brisbane campus
- Blended learning, combining face-to-face learning and online study
- Online studying
Your preferred study mode may influence the duration of the course.
Why Study Diploma of Sport Development with Fit Education?
Be your best and fast-track your career with the Diploma of Sports Development. You can ENROL Now or download our course guide for more information. With VET Student Loans available for this course, now is the perfect time to embark on a new career in sport.
"I would recommend the course to anyone seeking a career in the fitness industry."
Perhaps the best attribute of the course was its flexibility. Often I had the choice of ‘at home’ or ‘in the classroom’ studies. In particular Steve’s first-rate, hands-on knowledge proved invaluable to my learning experience. I would recommend the course to anyone seeking a career in the fitness industry.