- Course: ASCA Level 1 Course
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Fitness Australia approved – 15 CEC points
- American College of Exercise approved – 1. 3 CEC points
- Compliments the following careers:
- Strength and Conditioning coach
- Sports Coach
- Personal Trainer
- PE Teacher
- Study methods: Online
- Payment methods: Pay up-front direct with ASCA
Enhance Your Expertise by Becoming Strength and Conditioning Coach
Fit Education is a Registered Industry Provider for the Level 1 Strength and Conditioning (S&C) Coaching Accreditation with the Australian Strength and Conditioning Association (ASCA). After graduating from Fit Education with the relevant and current fitness qualifications you may be eligible to become a Level 1 S&C Coach with the ASCA.
Goals & Requirements
As a professional Personal Trainer in Australia, the S&C Level 1 course will teach you how to:
- provide a fundamental level of knowledge and skill in strength and conditioning coaching
- apply and design training programs to improve the performance of club to regional level athletes. Evaluate and analyse the performance of individuals or groups, in a variety of settings.
If you have already acquired Certificate III and IV in Fitness, you might wonder why you should go through the effort of obtaining yet another accreditation. However, there are plenty of advantages. True professionals never stop learning. Fit Education and the ASCA deliver industry relevant content to industry professionals enabling you with the resources to continually improve the services to your clients. Finally, you can work in the same capacity in many countries.
Depending on the experience and skills you obtained during this study, you can even apply for exemptions from certain units in our other Courses. If you think you have relevant experience, don’t hesitate to apply for Recognition of Current Competencies (RCC) or Recognition of Previous Learning (RPL) for the Diploma of Sport Development with Fit Education.
Entry to this course is open to individuals who hold a current first aid and CPR certificate and have completed a certificate III (SIS30315) and certificate IV (SIS40215) with Fit Education.
- Describe the ASCA Coach Education Programs and the ASCA professional Coach Accreditation Scheme.
- Communicate the ASCA Scope of Practice.
- Explain the ethical responsibilities of the S&C Coach.
- Design, implement and review conditioning training programs to improve athletic performance in club to regional level athletes/teams.
- Develop and apply appropriate coaching and teaching skills to match the physical and psychological development of the athlete to enhance sports performance.
- Effectively develop communication strategies for improved athlete performance.
- Outline coaching considerations when coaching special populations in a strength and conditioning context.
- Develop and implement a safe resistance training for youth and children.
- Design, implement, review and adjust a strength training program to improve athlete performance in club to regional level athletes/teams.
- Implement testing protocols and benchmarking for improving strength in club to regional level athletes/teams.
- Design, implement, test and adjust a periodised speed and agility training program to improve athlete performance in club to regional level athletes/teams.
- Design, implement and review a periodised energy system conditioning program appropriate for club to regional level athletes/teams.
- Implement testing protocols and benchmarking for improving endurance conditioning in club to regional level athletes/teams.
- Design and implement training methods and testing protocols for improved flexibility and mobility in club to regional level athletes/teams.
- Prepare warm up/ warm down sessions for a wide range of beginner level athletes/sports.
- Demonstrate practical application of stretching and mobility exercises.
- Develop strategies for improved recovery from training and competition in club to regional level athletes/teams.
- Define appropriate nutritional guidelines to enhance sports performance for club to regional level athletes/teams.
Our Credentials and Disclaimer
Fit Education courses are delivered from the National Training Package (SIS – Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package). Our courses are nationally recognised and Austudy approved. Fit Education have partnered with the ASCA to support our graduates with further study in Health and Fitness. The Level 1 S&C Course is delivered by the ASCA. Prospective students are encouraged to visit the ASCA website for the most up to date information to make an informed choice prior to enrolment.
Once you complete your course, you can register your qualification with Fitness Australia and work anywhere in Australia. Want to work abroad? So far, our courses have helped people find work in England, Scotland, Portugal, and New Zealand.