Study online or at our Brisbane campus
- Course: Certificate III in fitness (Cert 3 in Fitness)
- Course code: SIS30315
- Career: Gym Instructor / Group Exercise Instructor
- Study methods: online, on campus, or a combination
- Payment methods: Pay up-front (discounts apply) or flexible payment plan
Our Flexible Study Formats
- Full-time face-to-face learning at our Brisbane campus
- Blended learning: a combination of face-to-face learning and studying online
- Online studying
Your preferred study mode may influence the duration of the course.
Certificate 3 in Fitness Cost – Online Study:
- Upfront – $1,595
- Payment Plan – $1,995
Package deal: Certificate III & IV in Fitness
Certificate 3 & 4 in Fitness Cost – Online Study:
- Upfront – $2,395
- Payment Plan – $2,990
Note: Course fees do not include the cost of the HLTAID003 First Aid course component which is a requirement to complete the qualification.
Discover a Stimulating Career as a Fitness Instructor
Certificate III in Fitness is the minimum requirement for people who want to work as a gym instructor in Australia. Our comprehensive course offers everything you need to become a fully qualified fitness professional and help others make a change in their lives.
We offer an extensive course that combines a strong theoretical framework with practical experience. Once you graduate, you will be ready to start working as a nationally recognised fitness instructor.
Goals & Requirements
You don’t need a certain fitness level or prior fitness knowledge to acquire Certificate III in Fitness.
The vast experience of Fit Education’s all-star team guarantees that the knowledge you gain will far extend the current minimal requirements of Certificate III. Our goal is to turn you into a confident and qualified fitness instructor, who is able to:
- Conduct a health screening
- Teach anatomy and physiology
- Test a client’s fitness level
- Design exercise programs
- Instruct community fitness programs
- Provide healthy eating information to clients
- Motivate clients
1 Equipment Maintenance
2 Anatomy and Physiology
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
3 Orientation, Health Screening, Fitness Assessment
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISXIND001 Work effectively in sport, fitness, and recreation environments
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
4 Healthy Eating
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
5 Exercise Prescription
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISSSTC301A Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
6 Specific Populations
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
7 Group exercise
- SISFFIT007 Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT011 Instruct approved community fitness programs
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
8 First Aid & CPR
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Our Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315) course is delivered from the National Training Package (SIS – Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package). It is nationally recognised and Austudy approved. Once you complete your course, you can register with Fitness Australia and work anywhere in Australia. Want to work abroad? So far, our courses have helped people find work in England, Scotland, Portugal, and New Zealand.
More questions? Get in touch.