Cert III and IV in Fitness
If you’re looking for a new career and want to help people to achieve their health and fitness goals, then the combined Cert III and IV in Fitness is the course you need.
As a qualified Personal Trainer, you’ll be able to work with a wide variety of clients, identifying their goals and preparing personalised fitness programs for them. Your nationally recognised qualification will enable you to work independently or in a gym across Australia, and internationally.
We don’t just teach fitness, we live and breathe it. Fit Education focuses on educating, leading and motivating people to choose a healthier lifestyle. With a strong theoretical knowledge, combined with practical, and hands-on experience, our graduates are in demand.
You’ll benefit from our extensive knowledge from real fitness professionals who have worked with many professional sporting teams including the Australian Wallabies, Brisbane Broncos, Queensland Reds, Brisbane Bullets, London Broncos and Fulham Football Club.
We also have great partnerships across the industry, and keep our students informed of job opportunities.
Our comprehensive course offers everything you need to become a fully qualified fitness professional and help others make a change in their lives. We teach our students to become the best health and fitness professionals they can be with our comprehensive fitness course that combines both Certificate III in Fitness & Certificate IV in Fitness.
Who is this course for?
The Certificate III & IV in Fitness is a great way to kick-start a new career in the fitness industry. Graduates can start rewarding careers as:
✔ Personal trainer, independently or with a gym
✔ Group trainer
✔ Fitness instructor
You don’t need a specific fitness level or prior fitness knowledge to acquire the combined Certificate III & IV in Fitness. You just need to meet our basic LLN requirements so we can be sure that you will be successful in the course.
What you’ll get out of this course
✔ Conduct and evaluate long-term periodical fitness plans <br>
✔ Evaluate and analyse the performance of individuals or groups, in a variety of settings
✔ Be competent in strength and conditioning programs
✔ Work as a strength and conditioning coach for a sporting team
✔ Teach anatomy and physiology
✔ Design exercise programs
✔ Instruct community fitness programs
✔ Develop sales and marketing skills
✔ Start your own personal training business
✔ Motivate clients
Course: Certificate III & IV in Fitness (Cert 3 & 4 in Fitness)
Code: SIS30321 and SIS40221
Outcome: Nationally Recognised Training
Career: Personal Trainer, Fitness Instructor, Group Fitness Trainer, Online Coach
Study methods: Online, on campus, or a combination
Payment methods: Pay up-front (discounts apply or flexible payment plan)
Fill in the form below to register your interest with a Cert III and IV in Fitness with Fit Education
Watch this introductory video about the Cert III & IV in Fitness
Get started today
Call us on 1300 348 338
or contact us
Training and assesment
Our courses are delivered online to you, no matter where you are located. There are 12 modules included within the Certificate III & IV in Fitness, with all resources required to complete the course available in your student study portal. A trainer is assigned to you for guidance throughout the course and will grade your assessments. Need extra help in your local area? Let us connect you with a mentor in your area today.
Visit https://fiteducation.edu.au/faqs/ for answers to our most frequently asked questions.
Our Flexible Study Formats
- Full-time face-to-face learning at our Brisbane campus (Seasonal)
- Blended learning, combining face-to-face learning and online study
- Online studying
Your preferred study mode may influence the duration of the course.
Why Study Certificate III & IV in Fitness with Fit Education?
Our combined Certificate III & IV in Fitness (SIS30321 and SIS40221) course is delivered from the National Training Package (SIS – Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package). Once you complete your course, you can register with Fitness Australia and work anywhere in Australia as a fully qualified fitness instructor, gym instructor or group fitness instructor.
Want to work abroad? So far, our courses have helped people find work around the world including England, Scotland, Portugal, South Korea, Brazil, USA, Canada, France, Serbia, India and New Zealand.
Certificate III in Fitness Course Modules
Click on the items below to learn more.
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals
- SISXIND001 Work effectively in sport, fitness, and recreation environments
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs
- SISXCAI009 Instruct strength and conditioning techniques
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients
- SISFFIT007 Instruct group exercise sessions
- SISFFIT011 Instruct approved community fitness programs
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
Certificate IV in Fitness Course Modules
Click on the items below to learn more.
- SISFFIT041 Develop personalised exercise programs
- SISFFIT034 Assess client movement and provide exercise advice
- SISFFIT043 Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT053 Support healthy eating for individual fitness clients
- CHCCOM006 Establish and Manage Client Relationships
- SISFFIT050 Support exercise behaviour change
- SISFFIT042 Instruct personalised exercise sessions
- SISXCAI010 Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISFFIT049 Use exercise science principles in fitness instruction
- SISFFIT051 Establish and maintain professional practice for fitness instruction
- SISCCAI005 Conduct individualised long-term training programs
- SISFFIT045 Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for adolescent clients
- SISFFIT044 Develop and instruct personalised exercise programs for older clients
"I have no problem recommending Fit Education to both individuals and companies."
I have just completed my Cert 3 and 4 with Fit Education and have found them to have top service, extremely fast and efficient and very open with their communication on what I needed. Having also been able to RPL through the course due to previous studies this further helped me speed up my studies but also gave me a further insight into the fitness industry. I have no problem recommending Fit Education to both individuals and companies.