Study online or at our Brisbane campusStudying online? See our Prac dates Enrol Now
- Course: Certificate IV in Fitness
- Code: SIS40215
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Career: Personal Trainer
- Study methods: Online, on campus, or a combination
- Payment methods: Pay up-front (discounts apply) or flexible payment plan.
Our Flexible Study Formats
- Full-time face-to-face learning at our Brisbane campus
- Blended learning: a combination of face-to-face learning and studying online
- Online studying
- Upfront - $1,595
- Payment Plan - $1,995
Package deal: Certificate III & IV in Fitness
- Upfront - $2,395
- Payment Plan - $2,990
Enhance Your Expertise by Becoming a Personal TrainerCertificate IV in Fitness is the industry standard for personal trainers anywhere in Australia. It is not only required if you want to work as a personal trainer, but also if you’d like to conduct group activity classes independently or in various locations.
After completing our comprehensive course, you will be able to work independently in your chosen field.
Goals & RequirementsAs the sequel to Certification III, our Certification IV course will teach you how to:
- Conduct and evaluate long-term periodised fitness plans
- Develop your sales and marketing skills
- Evaluate and analyse the performance of individuals or groups, in a variety of settings
- Work as a personal trainer in a fitness centre
- Apply teaching methods and instructional styles, indoors and outdoors
- Be competent in strength and conditioning programs
- Start your own personal training business
- Work as a strength and conditioning coach for a sporting team
Depending on the experience and skills you obtained in prior study, you can even apply for exemptions from certain units in our course. If you think you have relevant experience, don’t hesitate to apply for Recognition of Current Competencies (RCC) or Recognition of Previous Learning (RPL).
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who hold a current first aid and CPR certificate and have been recognised as competent through a recognised training program or recognition process against the following units of competency:
- SISFFIT001 Provide health screening and fitness orientation.
- SISFFIT002 Recognise and apply exercise considerations for specific populations.
- SISFFIT003 Instruct fitness programs.
- SISFFIT004 Incorporate anatomy and physiology principles into fitness programming.
- SISFFIT005 Provide healthy eating information.
- SISFFIT006 Conduct fitness appraisals.
- SISFFIT014 Instruct exercise to older clients.
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service.
1 Strength and Conditioning
- SISSSTC402A Develop strength and conditioning programs
- SISFFIT019 Incorporate exercise science principles into fitness programming
- SISFFIT017 Instruct long-term exercise programs
- SISXCAI005 Conduct individualised long-term training programs
- SISFFIT015 Collaborate with medical and allied health professionals in a fitness context
2 Personal Training
- SISFFIT021 Instruct personal training programs
- SISFFIT018 Promote functional movement capacity
- SISFFIT020 Instruct exercise programs for body composition goals
- SISFFIT025 Recognise the dangers of providing nutrition advice to clients
- SISFFIT026 Support healthy eating through the Eat for Health Program
3 Group Personal Training
- SISFFIT023 Instruct group personal training programs
- SISXCCS003 Address client needs
- SISFFIT016 Provide motivation to positively influence exercise behaviour
4 Small Business – PT Business Design
- BSBSMB403 Market the small business
- BSBSMB404 Undertake small business planning
- BSBSMB405 Monitor and manage small business operations
- BSBSMB406 Manage small business finances
- BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business
5 Children and Adolescents
Our Certificate IV in Fitness (SIS40215) course is delivered from the National Training Package (SIS - Sport, Fitness and Recreation Training Package). It is nationally recognised and Austudy approved. Once you complete your course, you can register with Fitness Australia and work anywhere in Australia. Want to work abroad? So far, our courses have helped people find work in England, Scotland, Portugal, and New Zealand.More questions? Get in touch. Enrol Now Download Course Guide