- Course: Certificate II in Sport and Recreation
- Code: SIS20115
- Nationally Recognised Training
- Study methods: Online at school. Various delivery methods available.
- Funding: VETiS may be available
VETiS Funding Eligibility
Fit Education is an approved Pre-qualified Supplier (PQS) to deliver the (SIS20115) Certificate II in Sport and Recreation as a VETiS funded qualification. There is no cost to the student or school for eligible students. To check for eligibility, please check with your school or for more information please refer to the website.
Make a Difference in Your CommunityWith Certificate II in Sport and Recreation, you can start working as a community coach or recreation assistant. The Fit Education course includes general coaching units and fundamental motor coaching skills, so you can even start your sport coaching career with this qualification.
If you want to specialise in one particular sport, Certificate II is your way to go. Our experienced instructors will teach you how to apply the right skills and knowledge to a basic instruction session.
The Certificate II course is eligible for VETiS (VET in Schools) government funding. Contact us for more information!
Goals & RequirementsYou don’t need a certain fitness level or prior fitness knowledge to acquire Certificate II in Sport and Recreation.
The vast experience of Fit Education’s all-star team guarantees that the knowledge you gain far extends the current minimal requirements of Certificate II. Our goal is to turn you into a confident and qualified coach, who is able to:
- Use effective communication skills
- Organise sports activities
- Develop and update knowledge of coaching practices
- Coach beginner participants
- Provide first aid
1 Coaching in the Sport, Fitness and Recreation Industry
- SISXCCS001 Provide quality service
- SISXIND001Work effectively in sport, fitness and recreation environments
- SISXIND002 Maintain sport, fitness and recreation industry knowledge
2 Fundamental Motor Skills
- SISSSCO202 Coach beginner or novice participants to develop fundamental motor skills
3 Planning and Delivering Coaching Sessions
- SISXCAI102 Assist with activity sessions in preparing and conducting sport and recreation sessions
- SISXCAI001 Provide equipment for activities
- SISSSPT201A Implement sports injury prevention
- BSBWOR202 Organise and complete daily work activities
4 Facility and Equipment Maintenance; Workplace Health and Safety and Emergencies
- SISXFAC001 Maintain equipment for activities
- SISXFAC002 Maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities
- HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISXEMR001 Respond to emergency situations
5 First Aid Certificate
- HLTAID003 Provide first aid
More questions? Get in touch.Enrol Now Download Course Guide